While walking into a space, be it a home, office, or any other place, we either experience warmth, welcomed while at other times we might just want to walk right out the door. As human beings, we are more responsive to things that we see and as a result, colors play a vital role in influencing our mood, psychological thoughts and responses. It can also affect our physical body in terms of increased metabolism, etc.
Colors are one of the major components in interior design and they can either make or break a space. Professional interior designers learn about the color schemes and know what will be best for your space, according to your requirements. It is always best advised to work with professionals as they provide the best residential interior design ideas for your home. Finding a good company that does house interior design in Dubai can be difficult and tiring at the same time. This is where we come into the picture, to help you in getting your dream home interior design for your house.
But first, let us talk about the basics of how to match colors in interior design in this blog.
Here are few tips for you to understand more about how to choose colors for your space.
If you want to learn the basics of how to match colors in interior design, learning about the color wheel might be one place where you would want to begin with.
But,before we begin with the color wheel, you must know about the good old 60-30-10 rule.
- 60% of your room must be the main color, including floor, walls, a few furniture pieces.
- 30% constitutes secondary colors and you can use them in artifacts, furniture to contrast the main theme.
- 10 % is the accent color to provide some character to your room.
To choose complementary colors from the color wheel, you can select the colors that are directly opposite each other. For example, Blue and Orange.
With this selection, add the concept of 60-30-10 to your color palette. You can choose white or black as the accent color to even out the colors. And bring some neutrality to the space.
Here, you can select the different variations of the same color. Without expertise, this can go in many directions. Hence, it is always better to consult with professionals.
And if you are looking for residential interior designers in Dubai, we can help you with making your interior as welcoming as you are.
Things to keep in mind while deciding on a color scheme
- Find which colors you would like to be the main one and then check the color wheel to find out where they fit in.
- You can proceed to choose the complementary and accent colors accordingly.
- Going with a color scheme is much more than walls and floors. The entire setup contributes to adding character in a room. Every piece of furniture or decor that you buy will affect the mood of the room.
- Experiment as much as you can before deciding on a color palette for your room.
Dubai is home to many amazing houses with spectacular interiors. You can obviously go with your own choices but to get that luxury look in your own space, you might need some expert help. We at GDM interiors are one the most well-known home interior design firms in Dubai and can help you achieve your home of dreams. If you want to check out our creative side for home interior design then drop by our Instagram page. In case you want to know more about us, check out our website for more details.